LOOK FOR THE WINDY CITY LOGO ON OUR HOUSE!
CONTACT: Jenny Addison
Chicagoland Chicken Enthusiasts Presents
The 10th Annual Windy City Coop Tour
Chicago, IL Sept. 1, 2020 – The Windy City Coop Tour is back for its 10th year showcasing backyard poultry, eco-yards and urban livestock across Chicago! During this self-guided tour, hosts open their yards to visitors and share their experience keeping backyard livestock in an urban setting. The Windy City Coop Tour provides access to local examples of the broader nation-wide movement toward sustainable urban back yards.
Cost: Free and open to the public! (No dogs allowed)
When: Saturday September 19 10:00AM-1:00PM and 1:00-4:00PM
Sunday September 20 10:00AM-1:00PM and 1:00-4:00PM.
Where: Windy City Coop Tour 2020 Map
How: To choose your itinerary, see: 2020 Tour Site Info for Visitors
What can Visitors do on the Tour?
- Visit any of 27 diverse locations spanning 20 of Chicago’s 50 wards, and 2 suburbs.
- Dispel common myths and misconceptions about urban livestock.
- Explore examples for creating more sustainable urban lifestyles, like composting and gardening.
- Meet some goats at GlennArt Farm.
- Learn about beekeeping in Lakeview.
- Find out what a “chicken tractor” is in Douglas Park.