While Weston helped us with the process, we did not realize that the compressor had a regulator that needed replaced. While we watched very carefully, we did not realize that the pressure on the teats was very high. After about two weeks using the machine, Patsy developed an immediate edema or swelling after being milked. We thought it was mastitis, and isolated her for a day. The swelling went down, however we started reviewing the instructions. I realized the regulator was not set the same as we had. Consulting with Hamby Dairy Suppliers, we purchased a new regulator. The pressure worked and no goat was left swollen again.
Although we made mistakes at the beginning, this system is teachable and quite easily learned. Our WWOOFer from Colombia provided us with help with milking. Fabian Cuta from Colombia proved to be a great volunteer. Fabian's other job was electrical mechanical engineering. Here is a video of his work: